Thank You to My Sponsors

  • Ernie Wilson
  • Frank and Del Bozzini
  • UBS foundation gift match
  • CUA class of 2008
  • UnerArmour
  • Bicycle Madness
  • Tony Ryan
  • Henry Gundling, Sr
  • Pramuk Family
  • Michael and Merit Rome
  • Chris Landis
  • Maria Klassen
  • Paul Bailey
  • Rex Sawyer
  • Walt O'Donnel
  • Stephen Kreider
  • Mary Kongsgaard
  • Mary Gundling
  • Henry Gundling
  • Erin Guerrero
  • Liz Graul
  • Greg Gardner
  • John Forken
  • Tom Carollo
  • Mark Carollo
  • Armin Bondoc
  • Daniel Blum

My Calling Card

My Calling Card
The important facts in a nifty size

Sunday, July 6, 2008

June 24th, day 2! Easton to Vantage

Day 2 of the big ride began at 5:20am. Yikes that hour was going to take some time to get used to. I got out of my tent and almost fell over my own feet as I stood up, I was still so tired and out of it. We packed our gear, had a quick bite of oatmeal and bananas and were on the road by 7am. Catie Letty and I were again some of the last to leave camp but we caught up with the rest quickly and were at the middle of the group by late morning. Had some nice downhills leaving the cascades, then ran along a beautiful river with widning country roads. We had a great tail wind for much of that morning. We did 25mph easily without barely peddling. After our last rest stop for the day, we stop at starbucks to get our caffeine fix before beginning the supposed long hard climb for the day. The climb ended up being no match for our mad awesome muscles and high spirits. I made friends with a horse on the road as we shared my granola bar. (I really hope horses aren't allergic to chocolate). Anyway, he was grateful and nodded me as i took off down the road again. had another great downhill with tailwind at the very end of the day and I hit my next record speed of 40.01 mph . SOO MUCH FUN. Cold beers and hot showers at camp finished the day off perfectly.

No comments: